Monday, February 27, 2012

More RAIN commissions

These are my last batch of RAIN commissions, besides the last pesky person who hasn't given us a topic yet.  Pretty exciting! I had a lot of fun with these ones.
The ninja on a bike was my choice, and I think it was a pretty good one. 

I worked on this one while listening to my boyfriend play Dungeons & Dragons over skype.  Such a fun mindset!  

This one is "love and desire", which I was avoiding, but really enjoyed working on.

And this one is a vision of timelessness.  No joke.  I was having trouble working on it in watercolor, so I stated layering over the original.  Everything but the kitchen sink ended up on this one including parts of my old socks, the bottom of a candle, and a spring.  So much fun!


Definitely check out more about the RAIN Anthology project at http://www.789studio.com/ there are some sweet artist interviews that are worth reading.  And the final book should be printed by April, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, collage-y fun! It's neat to see you work with mixed media, though I love all of these! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete